This accessibility statement applies to Glasgow Club.
This website is run by Glasgow Life (Culture and Sport Glasgow (Trading) CIC). We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts using browser or device settings
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard or speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- There are some images of text.
- The website does not always reflow for increased magnification, requiring horizontal scrolling and obscuring some content.
- Focus is sometimes not clearly visible on all elements.
- Although maps have an accessible alternative, map markers cannot be fully interacted with through keyboard alone.
- When receiving focus, some button text is very low contrast.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We’ll consider your request and get back to you as soon as possible.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact:
- email: email@example.com
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Glasgow Life is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.2 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
Some content does not meet minimum contrast ratios of 4.5:1. This fails WCAG 2.2 success criterion 1.4.3 (Contrast).
There are some images of text. This fails WCAG 2.2 success criterion 1.4.5 (Images of Text).
Some content is not responsive and requires horizontal scrolling to view elements. This fails WCAG 2.2 success criterion 1.4.10 (Reflow).
Some elements do not receive clearly visible focus. This fails WCAG 2.2 success criterion 2.4.7 (Focus Visible).
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We are always open to suggestions, additions or the reporting of accessibility problems. Users can use the contact details supplied above.
We plan to address the above issues for all users as soon as possible.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 10 November 2023. It was last reviewed on 10 November 2023. This website was last tested on 10 November 2023. The test was carried out by Storm ID.
The audit included an evaluation of the site against the WCAG 2.2 AA accessibility guidelines, producing a report highlighting issues and recommendations to rectify any issues.
We tested the following areas of the Beta site:
- Home: https://glasgowclub.org/
- Membership: https://glasgowclub.org/join-us/
- Activities: https://glasgowclub.org/activities/
- Activities detail: https://glasgowclub.org/activities/easy-dancefit/
- Venues: https://glasgowclub.org/venues/
- Venues detail: https://glasgowclub.org/venues/bellahouston/
- Personal training: https://glasgowclub.org/personal-trainers/
- Personal training detail: https://glasgowclub.org/personal-trainers/steven-denny/
- News: https://glasgowclub.org/news/
- News detail: https://glasgowclub.org/news/changes-to-swim-booking/
- Landing page: https://glasgowclub.org/fitness-journey/
- Article page: https://glasgowclub.org/fit-for-2-classes/
- Search results: https://glasgowclub.org/search-results/
- Guide page: https://glasgowclub.org/making-bookings/
- Cookies page: https://glasgowclub.org/cookie-policy/
These pages were tested using automated testing tools, and also tested on Chrome using a Macbook, with VoiceOver for screenreading.